Thread: Quiz question
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 12, 2018, 08:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let's Go To The Videotape ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyu2 View Post
Similar play in 5.10.1D where Team A throw in touches an official on the court and bounces across the floor and OOB. Timer allows :02 to run off the clock. Knowing there were :06 left in the game when the TI was administered, the officials could have the time reset. Most likely the ball touching the official prevented players from either team from catching the throw in pass. Unfair as that may seem, the throw in violation would stand according to 4-4-4. In that regard, I would say MTD and the officials are correct. I do have another thought on this but cannot post right now.
5.10.1 SITUATION D: There are six seconds left on the clock in the fourth quarter
and the ball is out of bounds in the possession of Team A. The throw-in by A1
touches the referee on the court and then goes across the court and out of
bounds. The timer permits two seconds to run off the clock. What recourse does
the coach of either team have in such situation? RULING: Either coach may step
to the scorer’s table and request a 60-second time-out and have the referee come
to the table. The coach is permitted to do this under provisions of the coach’s
rule. The referee shall come to the sideline and confer with one or both coaches
and the timer about the matter; and if the referee has definite knowledge that
there were six seconds on the clock when the ball was awarded to Team A for the
throw-in, it is the responsibility of the referee to have the two seconds put back
on the clock. The timer and scorer and the other official(s) can be used by the
referee to gain definite information. If there is no mistake or if it cannot be
rectified, the requesting team will be charged with a 60-second time-out. (5-11-
4 Exception b; 5-8-4; 10-5-1c)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)