Thread: Quiz question
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2018, 08:56pm
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
BryanV21:

Why would you give the Ball back to Team A? As I stated in my first comment, the incorrect starting of the Clock and the sounding of the Horn does not stop play. Team A still committed a Throw-in Violation, the type in which the Clock would never had started.

MTD, Sr.

kda89508: Just what did the Officials do which you thought was correct?

MTD, Sr.
The violation is for the throw in going OOB before being touched in bounds. In the OP the horn went off before the ball went OOB.

So, if it's clear the ball wasn't going to be touched then by all means give the ball to Team B. If you believe that the ball may have been touched before going OOB then there wouldn't have been a violation. Therefore you're only choice would be timer error and use point of interruption.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EDIT: Now that I'm home and re-read the post I feel like adding this...
I agree the horn does not end the game. However, if a player was about to grab the ball before it went out of bounds, but stopped because he heard the horn, then I may feel obligated to assume a violation would have been avoided. The OP does sound like this was not something that would have happened, so chances are I'm doing just like you said and going with a throw-in violation and awarding the ball to Team B, at the stop of the violation (the original throw-in location), with .7 seconds on the clock.

Last edited by BryanV21; Sat Mar 10, 2018 at 10:19pm.