View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 20, 2018, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
When I became board secretary 4 years ago, There were no female officials work in varsity games. My goal was to push our female officials to that level and now I pushed for them to be an all female crew.

I couldn't be more proud of where they are I know the future is very bright for all 3 of them. And I hope to bring in more female officials into the association.

Historic night came as easy as 1-2-3 | Local Sports | times-news.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
Camron, does anything in the original story tell you that there is an agenda here? I would say that is a far bigger stretch than my statement that the officials being discussed are qualified to work this game because they have years of experience.
Yes, the OP directly states that he had an agenda to fulfill in making this happen.

I have no issue with qualified individuals working any contest. The problem occurs when people put other factors into selecting officials or crews as was clearly done in this case. Where TF and I disagree is that he went out of his way to have all three of them on a crew together in order to make a spectacle out of it. I would rather see them work the games and be assigned exactly as the rest of the members in the group without the extra fanfare.

I don't agree with promoting or showcasing one type of person over another in any circumstance simply because of the way that the individual was born. People who do so often think that they are helping, but they are actually hurting our society.