Thread: Stop Sign
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 19, 2018, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But talk of the stop sign was before this new warning. And it was said that if they walk through the stop sign, you were supposed to get them. The problem is all of that boxes you in. You have little choice or you look either weak or you look like you did not mean your position.

So why is it any different than a warning? At least with a warning, you have something official. A stop sign looks like a confrontation. And yes it matters based on many factors (e.g. Who you are and what you look like).

Peace
You're completely right, who you are and how you look does play into it.

I don't disagree with your overall assessment, but its also not officially written that a warning should replace a stop sign. I do think as others have pointed out, its about demeanor and how you present it. If you are going to look like a NYC traffic cop at 5 PM, thats a lot different than saying "coach, thats enough" with a open hand like looks more like tell my partners I have had two beers and need to drive home.

I think you can tell a coach, we've had enough without warning them and conversely, I think you can officially warn a coach without telling them its enough. And as much as it is who you are and what you look like, I think we all know the coaches that need the stop sign or the immediate warning.