View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 19, 2018, 04:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Not Closely Guarded Signal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
We also used to have a not closely guarded "Connecticut only" signal (arms spread wide apart), but IAABO International made us give it up, saying the correct signal was just not counting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
In the book on pg. 200 the not closely guarded signal is shown (IAABO).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Interesting. It wasn't in last year's mechanics manual but it's there this year. Maybe it's one of those unannounced changes that often occur. I'll check with our State interpreter. Thanks for the information.
When Peter Webb was IAABO national Coordinator of Interpreters, he did not believe IAABO should use the "no closely guarded" signal, so it was not in the IAABO manual, even though the NFHS had adopted that signal. IAABO interpreters were told by Peter Webb to tell members not to use it.

However, the new four IAABO co-interpreters decided IAABO would use this signal and put it in this year's handbook. However, it was not discussed at the IAABO national interpreters meeting, so most state, and local, interpreters didn't include it in their new rules review meetings.

We will be using this "not closely guarded" signal in Connecticut next year.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)