View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 18, 2018, 11:57am
Esteemed Forum Member

Where Belts Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Belts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I still work with the occasional veteran who wears a belt ...
We've got a few (not a lot, but more than most would think) veterans (including me) here in my little corner of Connecticut that wear a belt. I tried beltless pants several years ago. Back then (before I discovered treadmills with televisions at the gym) my weight would fluctuate up and down during the season (number of consecutive games, and doubleheaders, some trips to fast food places for late night convenience (that I have now completely avoided for a few years), colds and other illnesses) and I would occasionally discover that my beltless pants felt like they would fall down in a game. So I went back to belted pants, and stuck with them.

I know that I'm a dinosaur. I spotted a rookie official with belted pants last week and suggested to him that beltless pants had a more professional look.

Since the fall, I've dropped over twenty pounds, and two belt holes. It's cheaper to drop a belt hole, or two, or three, than to buy new beltless pants every time I drop several pounds.

Note to IAABO members. Do you all realize that IAABO International outlawed belted pants a few years ago. The only reason that we're allowed to wear belted pants here in my little corner of Connecticut is that we passed a local board constitutional amendment allowing black belts for those that prefer to wear them.

The constitutional amendment passed unanimously.

We're outlaws I tell you, outlaws.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 18, 2018 at 02:42pm.