View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 17, 2018, 06:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian_referee View Post
Hi all,

I had the following situation during a game and I would like to understand what would be the right procedure under NFHS rule.

Player A1 commits an intentional personal foul on player B1, who is in the act of shooting and scores a two-point field goal. Then B1 and A1 start arguing and both receive a personal technical foul.

My questions are the following:
- A1 needs to be ejected from the game or not? I know that two technicals and two intentional fouls lead to ejection, but what about one technical and one intentional personal foul?
- The penalty for the intentional personal foul is 2 FTs + throw-in from the place nearest the game has stopped, whereas for both personal technical fouls the penalty is 2 FTs + throw-in from the division line. My question here is: what is the correct resumption-of-game procedure?

Thank you.
1) No such thing. All fouls are either Personal or Technical. They may also have a qualifier such as Intentional or Flagrant.

2) A player is not ejected for two intentional personal fouls in NFHS. A player is ejected for two technical fouls. So, A1 is not ejected.

So, in the play, the double Ts offset. Resume with B1 shooting two FTs for the INtentionl Personal and B getting the ball out of bounds neares the spot of the foul