View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2018, 12:08pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I'm sure there is a situation out there on the forum that has a similar play...if you know include the thread please.

Game ends. Score is 58-56. Before my partner and I can run for the door, tall player on winning team grabs ball and dunks it (game was clearly over and he dunked it in the opponent's basket). To add to it he hung on the rim with no one around to warrant a "safety issue". What would you do? And how do you administer it correctly?

I know there was a similar situation in a state championship a few years back, but that was during play.

Ohio team loses H.S. state title after late hanging-on-the-rim technical foul - SportsNation - ESPN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Unless my exit door is directly behind and within 5 feet of said basket, I won't see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Unless this rises to the level of a "taunting T", I'm leaving it alone -- the game is over.

The situation in the OhioHSAA State Championship Game (Div. II) a few years ago happened with four seconds left in the Fourth Quarter. I have seen the video of the situation and it was the correct call. There was no question that a TF should have been called.

That said, I agree with BNR and Bob: Get the hell out of Dodge!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio