View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2018, 01:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
With two outs and RISP wouldn't the time play signal be given in SB? In BB it would and PU would not leave HP. But would you give a time play signal for every combination of runners and outs that would apply?
The time play signal is supposed to be given in NCAA play with two outs anytime a runner is on (2 man). Speaking ASA/NFHS, the time play signal isn't even an official thing. This isn't baseball, so the PU responsibilities don't change: we've still got primary coverage on the play at 3B on the first throw from the outfield in all codes.

We don't typically give the signal unless there are two outs (NCAA), but I did it in as in the post above because, as I said, either team could potentially win on any given pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Okay, what is BU's mechanics on this play?
IMO, same as always but with a reminder to keep his head on a swivel. Steve's scenario presents yet another example of where by-the-book 2-man mechanics can't cover everything, no matter which manual one might be following on the field.