View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 12, 2018, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
I get your point, and am not denying the knee is there, but it has NOTHING to do with why that defender goes to the ground. His knee didn't push the leg out giving the illusion of a slip, that player just flat out slipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
There is no way you can say that definitively. The offensive player loses his footing immediately after the contact, no matter how slight. There is a strong case to be made the contact affected his balance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Not true. It was everything about why he went down. The dribbler ran into the knee and upset his balance.
Ok, I can concede that I can't say that the contact has nothing to do with the slip, but for the same reason, you can't say it has EVERYTHING to do with it. I think that player slips with a legal defender as well, the bump contributed less than 10% of why he eventually fell, which is a number I made up to help my argument.

I guess I don't mean to criticize the officials when they probably got it right, my point is that I think if this was not called, we wouldn't be talking about how it should've been called, even if that play was still clipped and presented to us here.