View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 11, 2018, 12:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post

Hey I have a secret.....nah I'm not going to tell you, but instead I'll post an obvious statement "integrity will come into question and one will have to make a decision regarding it."

Most people call this LIFE.

Now you have this guy wondering whats going to happen to him that he's going to have to strip down his integrity. That's an interesting play there Bucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
I have to agree. Here's a guy coming here for advice and you're basically blowing him off because you don't want to take the time to elaborate on something that's no small thing. If you don't want to elaborate on something then perhaps don't say it in the first place.
I hear both of you and really can't disagree. I certainly did not intend what appears to have happened. I definitely did not intend to "blow off" someone or discourage anyone. I would love to elaborate on all 4 but it just isn't feasible.

Perhaps I should have posted:

Generally speaking and without knowing your skillset...

Is it worth paying for a D1 camp ($500+) if I know no one at the camp? Yes, you need to attend a D1 camp annually to become a D1 official. Go to D2 camps annually too.

Should I wait another year before shelling out the big bucks? Probably...perhaps several years. Get a D3,D2,Juco games under your belt and network like crazy.

With all the consortiums, what is the path to D1 nowadays? Experience and networking.