View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 03, 2018, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruno View Post
Ok .. I know this has been posted several times before, but I cant find the rule/casebook reference. Bet my partner $1000 (LOL) this was not backcourt.

On A's throw in from near the division line... A-1 throws in and A-2 tips the ball in the frontcourt and in goes to the backcourt where A-2 goes and picks it up. I have NO backcourt here as I explained to screaming Coach B. Can someone point me to the rulebook/casebook reference? I know no team control on the throw in (except for fouls) so one of the three things necessary for backcourt is not there.
SITUATION 5: A1 has the ball for an end-line throw-in in his/her frontcourt. A1’s pass to A2, who is in the frontcourt standing near the division line, is high and deflects off A2’s hand and goes into Team A’s backcourt. A2 is then the first to control the ball in Team A’s backcourt. RULING: Legal. There is no backcourt violation since player and team control had not yet been established in Team A’s frontcourt before the ball went into Team A’s backcourt. The throw-in ends when A2 legally touches the ball, but the backcourt count does not start until A2 gains control in his/her backcourt. (4-12-2d; 9-9)

You're welcome. Send me part of your winnings.