View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 03, 2003, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Warrenkicker, if A is not in a scrimmage kick formation, you can't very well do that. I had a coach talk to me this weekend, he thought that crack back blocks, even legal ones should not be allowed. His reasoning was that they got a couple players hurt last year on legal crack backs, so thus a safety concern. You can't very well tell the wide out not to crack back on the defense, because it is legal, just as it is legal to hit the center if A is not in a scrimmage kick formation.
But if a guy is intent on drive another guy's head between his knees then we should be a little worried about what is happening. If the defender was trying to get past the snapper then maybe he should be going around instead of through a guy who isn't even trying to block someone.

I'm just saying that U can remind the defense to be careful of the snapper with his head down. I'm not avocating calling it as a foul but just to try to keep that situation from causing an injury and then having one coach down your neck for not flagging it.