View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2018, 01:57am
Administrator

I know I am guilty of long posts. And I personally do not have a problem with long posts, but if you have to make a long post, break it down into smaller paragraphs.

JV Game: He may be the HC of the Varsity Team but during the JV game he is an AC. And as such he needs to be reminded, in a professional manner that this is the JV game and he must conduct himself accordingly. Also the JC HC should be reminded in a professional manner that he needs to keep his Bench under control.

When it was obvious that the VAR HC did not want to conduct himself professionally and the JV HC was not going to do his job in controlling Bench then: WHACK the VAR HC. That will get the attention of both Coaches.

VAR Game: I would have WHACKED the VAR HC at the 4:00 mark of the 1st QT. You have to nip that nonsense in the bud. I will talk with a HC during a TO if he wants to ask a question, but as soon as he wants to start to complain about the officiating I instantly shut him down.

I have one other observation and that is your partner was incorrect with regard to the number of TOs that a Team may request in a row. A team can request, and the request must be granted, as many TOs in a row as it wants, with exception of consecutive TOs after the 4th QT or any OT period.

It is past my bed time so I am going to end this post.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio