Thread: What do YOU do?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2018, 02:14pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
I teed up another coach in the middle school game last night, mind you the vast majority of my schedule is HS varsity assignments. And I have only called one technical foul on a coach at the Varsity level, but at the middle school level which I do probably say 25 games a year I have already T'ed up 3 coaches and 2 players.

This is year 18 for me, last year I worked 5 state playoff assignments. I am on my board's executive committee.

That gives you some background. I would rather not call technical fouls but when a coach displays unsportsmanlike conduct, whether it be continually telling me that I'm missing foul calls or walks and such, I wouldn't take that from a player and I don't take it from the coach. Therefore technical fouls have been called I'm thinking about 6 or 7 so far this year.

Do coaches in your area yell and scream at you, telling you about how many fouls you have missed and how you're missing walks and illegal screens? Do you call technical fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct when a coach does that?
I've issued 7 books warnings for HC behavior. Six of them were no problem afterwards, the other one received a T from one of my partners later in the game.

I do not think I have called a T yet this season at the HS level.