Thread: What do YOU do?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2018, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
Do coaches in your area yell and scream at you, telling you about how many fouls you have missed and how you're missing walks and illegal screens? Do you call technical fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct when a coach does that?
This has been my best season in a long time for coach behavior. Even the coach that is a thorn in my side with comments on every call was exceedingly pleasant when I had his game a few weeks ago. There are still occasional comments, begging for this or that. But, I've had very little, if any, yelling and screaming, and don't think we should allow it. It's just not appropriate behavior for a high school activity. I always prefer conversation to solve the problem, but when it doesn't work, yes, I address appropriately with a T.

The only one I've had this year was also a MS game. When the conversation ended with "then call it both ways!" the coach found himself coaching from the bench from the middle of the first quarter through the rest of the game. To his credit, he apologized after the game.