View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 18, 2018, 09:55pm
Official Forum Member

In terms of coaches, if this was posed a month ago I would not have agreed with the assertion in the OP that their, and players, behavior has gotten worse this year.

But since Holiday tournament time it seems I've had a run of poor behavior.

- Had a kid walk by me while I was at the table after calling a foul on him and say, "of course that was on me. B!t ch arse, ref!" Whack. Flagrant T. (Just occurred to me this is actually a good example of what J Rut was talking about in the Teddy Valentine thread that was closed)

- Had an asst coach throw down a clipboard in reaction to a no-call. After I T'd him had the following exchange with the HC-

HC- What was that for?
Me- Your asst slammed a clipboard.....
HC- A T for that, seriously?
Me- (Paraphrasing after a blank stare meant to say are you really asking me that fn question).... That's about as easy an unsporting T an official can have in a scholastic game
HC- You havent said anything to the bench all game. We should get a warning first.

- Had a normally mild mannered HC who if you polled our association, I'd bet would easily be top 3 in terms of coaches with the best attitude, bench decorum, rapport with officials, etc. walk onto the court past the 3 point line yelling, "that's a foul." My table side partner beat me to the T by half a second. He was getting beat at home by almost 20 and his kids weren't playing hard, which I've never seen in that gym.

- Had several other games with coaches and players just being repeatedly whiny that has been addressed with Ts or other measures.

Not sure if its just the cyclical nature of things or what but the last 3-4 weeks have been a lot of fun.

I guess the one thing I'd throw out for discussion is how do folks see the official warning playing out in your games?

Are you or your partners using it? Have coaches who you've had to whack brought up they should get a warning first?