View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 18, 2018, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
You better check your code translator............and grow a thicker skin.

The fans are not there to watch me and I'm not trying to be noticed. Based on what the OP originally said, that is not a reason to throw somebody out or have them thrown out.

Speaking for myself, I take care of business. I'm just not in the business of listening to the crowd and growing elephant ears. I guess I'm just too worried about the players and the coaches. You know, what's actually happening on the court!
Good ol' camp speak. What fouls do you swallow your whistle on so you won't be noticed, if that's your goal?

I don't think anyone said they were in the business of growing elephant ears. I certainly am not and neither is AremRed. I am in the business of not allowing fans to distract me, my partners, and the players from the competition. At the high school level where there are many nights with not a lot of spectators, one obnoxious fan could very well be removed. At the D1 level they play in big arenas where the officials are unlikely to hear any comments that cross the line in the crowd. And the fans that sit courtside who act up will be removed by security before the officials even have to get involved.

So please, stop with your holier-than-thou nonsense.