View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 18, 2018, 01:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
You better check your code translator............and grow a thicker skin.

The fans are not there to watch me and I'm not trying to be noticed. Based on what the OP originally said, that is not a reason to throw somebody out or have them thrown out.

Speaking for myself, I take care of business. I'm just not in the business of listening to the crowd and growing elephant ears. I guess I'm just too worried about the players and the coaches. You know, what's actually happening on the court!
If this is high school sports we are talking about, I do not care what they are there to see, because this is often a school event where behavior that would be unacceptable in many areas would not be tolerated. Again, they do not have to be there if they do not know how to behave. And often fans say things that influence the players more than influence us in any way. If I have a player that has to hear certain things that would be considered inappropriate in any other school event, that is not acceptable to me. Who cares who they are hear to see. Not my issue and if I choose they will not be there to see anyone.

Peace