View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 10, 2018, 11:32am
Do not give a damn!!

If those that did not know, I was on this particular game. I was the new lead in the situation and was unaware at the time that there was even an injury. I did not notice the player stayed back until the play was killed.

When I looked at the video, I was just fine with what was done. The Trail and the Center knew more about the play than I did at the time. I could make an argument that either thing could be done. I would have been fine if they stopped play and I was fine with them keeping the play going. The player was not in immediate danger. He was not going to bleed out, he was down for either turning his ankle or hurting his knee. If there were players around him then I get the position to totally stop the play. But when the player goes down, we have no idea if he is going to get up, which I see all the time and try to continue.

Full disclosure, the coach was upset and eventually got a T. It might have been for that situation, but I am not sure that was the only situation he was complaining about.

Peace