View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2018, 01:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
Thanks for the response. That's what I was curious about. As a History teacher, I've always been interested in inter/intra racial relations. Often when guys around here get metro league assignments, if it is a suburban school (much lower percentage of minority students) vs. a city school (very high percentage of minority students), I've noticed that there is usually a Black official. I assume this is by design and it's probably a good practice. I'm sure they also deal with the same thing that you do, but I don't hear much of it or much about it so I'm always curious if that happens often. It's a hard subject to have a conversation about, and I'm always nervous that I will offend someone by asking the wrong question or a stupid question but this is interesting to me.

Do you have a line in the sand where you are going to shut them down and/or issue a technical, or is that fluid based on their previous interactions? Do you notice a difference between the way white coaches treat you vs. your partners?
I think it was a great question. I wish more people would ask questions on sensitive subjects instead of just making assumptions about what others are talking about. Sometimes you find there are things in play that you could never have imagined.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk