View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 02, 2018, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
By the rulebook. Whistle, stop clock. Delay warning for interfering with the ball after a made goal (technical foul if already warned for delay) written in scorebook. Team B gets a run the endline throwin.

You can't get into trouble if you go by the book.

10.1.5 SITUATION D: Immediately following a goal by A1, A3 slaps the ball
away so that Team B is unable to make a quick throw-in. RULING: The official
shall sound his/her whistle and go to the table to have the scorer record a team warning for delay. The warning shall then be reported to the head coach of Team A. Any subsequent delay by Team A shall result in a team technical foul charged to Team A. (4-47-3)
You mention "By the rule book." You mention "Whistle, stop clock." You also indicated "You can't get into trouble if you go by the book." Now, I understand what you are saying/describing but I noticed something. Again, not trying to argue or point fingers with you BM. I just happen to notice an issue with wording that kinda relates to circular reasoning with the disposal/count thread. Where in the rule book is blowing the whistle required? Also, the case provided directly indicated to blow the whistle and made no mention of stopping the clock. Perhaps Rule 5-8 Art 2 c,d apply to this case but there is no mention of blowing the whistle. If we stuck to the actual case reading, we would not stop the clock.

I'm thinking the case play really needs to read that the official "..shall stop the clock..."

Another circular item perhaps? lol.