View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 29, 2017, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You really think officials are worried about two shots that much? I think the issue is that there are no other penalties associated with a T, wherein the NBA there actually is penalties for accumulated Ts. It is usually the fall out I think that is the issue more than giving a T. We do not get supported many times in high school. In the NBA it is hard to dispute an official giving a T when we see him going nuts. Coaches at the high school level say all kinds of things and if you give them a T, they will claim you did something wrong to them.

Peace
Now, while I did give out several T's last year, the question I always get is "Was it deserved?" The amount of times I want to simply shout "You know Coach X is a jerk. If he doesn't get a technical it's a miracle." is impossible to count.

I avoid T's (in HS) just to escape the paperwork, incessant questions, and lectures on game management. At this point, I bang it only if the kid's being a dick, or the coach makes it so public I can't let it go. Of course, that might've been the whole point of my assignor anyway.

College? I mostly do JuCo. If I don't stick those cats, they're going to make that D3 Jersey Brawl look like a tea party.