View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 29, 2017, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewild View Post
BigT, this is easy and should never happen, and I'm gonna tell you what I do in my pregame and why.
This type of error is easily avoidable, and it happens a lot.
In my pregame, I tell my partners, that on any and all foul shot s,the lead, administering ball official should make eye contact with the other 2 officials and we will "ALL" hold up the fingers necessary for the amount of shots, and on the second shot of 2 we all hold up 1 finger and make eye contact.
is this amateurish ???? Maybe, but me personally, I think it looks professional and we are all on the same page.
I believe in your situation, when you called the foul, you let your partner know it was 1 and 1, but how he got confused between the 1 and 1 or 2 shots is beyond me, if you clearly used your foul mechanics and left him know spot, 1 and 1 or 2 shots. Then you go to the table, report and do everything again, turn to your partner and with eye contact, make sure he has what you have.
But eye contact and communication is the key. These mistake makes you look bad and easy ones like this shouldn't happen.
Someone already posted the answer, but before you post a question here, read the book, find the answer, then post here and see if others know the answer.
You can pregame that all you want but that will not stop someone from still administering the FT without doing what you suggest anyway. Pregames are great, but they simply do not stop some mistakes no matter how much you talk about them.