Thread: New Hip anyone?
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 27, 2017, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Little skeptical over the lack of continuing rehab. But whatever works for you....
My Physical Therapist who comes to my house is of a similar opinion. She will be here tomorrow and I will discuss that further with her.

I have 2 ump buddies that have had the same procedure recently. One friend is 75 years old, bless him. He had an issue during his procedure where the insert cracked the bone into which it was being positioned. So he ended up being in the hospital for 3 weeks and then spent another 3 weeks in a rehab facility. He says he was able to drive following being discharged from the rehab.

My other buddy is 54 and has done extremely well. He was using a cane to get around mere days after his procedure. He's returned to work as a HS administrator and doesn't use his cane (which I admonished him about). He claims to have had excellent pain reduction. This guy had his procedure done 1 week before mine using the same surgeon. He was not advised to do any outpatient PT either.

Since I also have a 1 month follow-up with the surgeon, I will bring this up at that time again. I'll see how the next few weeks go and take under advisement any suggestions that my in-house therapist recommends.

Obviously, like discussing case plays in this forum (which I love) different opinions abound. Some surgeons have different ideas about medications, therapies, and the use of T.E.D. stockings. (During a pre-operation clinic, the nurse giving the overview mentioned that some doctors swear by them and others don't require them at all.)

Thanx again for any and all suggestions and thoughts. Never a bad idea to have as much information as possible.