View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 15, 2017, 11:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Pregame Dunk, Does Written Warning Go Away ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
NFHS .. B20 dunks in warmups. Took care of all of that easy. B bench assistants are whiney and vocal and B head coach is up here and there coaching and really I think pushing it. I gave a bench warning once it became an issue that we could not ignore.
I'm not sure if Valley Man was referring to what I'm about to discuss, but here it goes anyway.

For a very short time during the preseason, our State IAABO board, and possibly other IAABO state boards, believed that a technical foul on bench personnel meant that that team lost the "privilege" of getting any "official written in the book warnings". NFHS set us straight. A pregame dunk, even though all team members are bench personnel during pregame, doesn't not fall under the parameters of the "official written in the book warning rule". That is, a pregame dunk is a technical foul on the team member, and an indirect technical foul on the head coach, who loses his coaching box privilege, however if later in the game someone on the bench gets a little unsporty, a written warning can be charged.

Of course, Valley Man's situation was more complex, involving a seatbelted coach standing (which does not fall under the warning rule), as well as unsporting comments by his assistants (which does fall under the warning rule).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 15, 2017 at 11:40pm.