View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 11, 2017, 05:30am
Official Forum Member

Without prolonging the argument for its sake as I appear to be the only one on this side. My final two points/queries:

1) Despite Poe’s and directives. Fouling at the end of the game is still a recognized and acceptable strategy. Is our interpretation now that we want this to be more difficult. That teams without dynamic guard play or some how athletically disadvantaged (can’t keep up, can’t reach ball, midgets vs giants) cannot use this strategy. My understanding is that we simply want d making basket ball plays not offense taking advantage of this to become difficult to foul.

2) I am ok with the BC pg and Duke players who have played high level basketball their whole life working it out and making players responsible. I don’t ref those players. In games where we have been trying to discourage rough play and chaos letting a really quick kid fly randomly around the floor through wacking arms with kids desperate to find way to foul seems like a recipe for disaster.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!