Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
My priority in these situations is:

(1) to get them to stop flopping
(2) make a correct call

in that order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
This may be the grey area being discussed. But in my mind flopping is falling when no contact occurs.IMO Leaning or falling away to prevent or minimize the amount of contact is not a flop. If they fall and no contact occurs you can make your judgement on whether they fell to buy a call or just misjudged the amount of contact coming or the ability of the offense to stop.

I'm just not comfortable a) rewarding the offense with foul calls for running into people and b) asking kids to take the full force of a shot to body or head while either bracing them selves or getting driven to the floor from a full height when that is not the intent of the rule.

The OP is talking about a kid who is going to get trucked no matter what. asking them to take that foul shot standing is the equivalent IMO of asking a kid to get hit by a swinging elbow to the head before we do something about the swinging elbow.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!