View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 17, 2017, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
The key to understanding this is that the ball has to return to the BC status before A1 can touch it (this is the last 6 letters of the rule). If the ball still has FC status when A1 touches it then A1 was the last to touch it in the FC. Because he is standing in the BC, it is a violation.
Again, I understand it completely. You are focusing on the last 6 words and not the beginning. First the ball has FC status while it is in the air flying towards A1. A1 is in the BC. The moment he touches the ball it gains BC status. There is no simultaneous in the rule. The interp says his single touch makes him the last to touch in FC and first to touch in back. That's not supported by rule language.

And again, I believe the last to touch in FC refers to the physical location of the player. An A had to be IN FC and touch ball. Touching a ball that has FC status does not mean the player is in FC. Again, I believe the moment it's touched in BC the ball has BC status. Don't agree that single touch means both

Last edited by BigCat; Fri Nov 17, 2017 at 06:33pm.