View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 04, 2017, 05:29pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I may not have the rules to back me, but if the official scorer, or the official timekeeper, or the visiting scorekeeper, is giving me a problem (acting as a fan for team, not paying attention, not doing their job correctly, etc.), I have no problem asking game management to replace any, or all of them. This is especially the case in nonschool games (AAU, travel, recreation, etc.), but is also the case in school games in which table responsibilities may be fulfilled by students. In a school game with adult table personnel, I may pause before replacing them, and will certainly check with my partner, but I would certainly consider replacing them, maybe not charging any type of technical bench personnel foul, but certainly replacing them; and they can go wherever they want, including their team bench, just not at the table as a member of the officiating team.

Again, I may not have the rules to back me, so chastise me if you must. Let the chastising begin. I'm sure that I will deserve it, and I'm ready to take my punishment.

Billy:

You are correct. One could and should consider him as an Assistant Scorer and you can and should have him or her removed from the gym by game management if necessary.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio