View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 24, 2017, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It is only at the 4 spots when the foul is an FC foul by the defense.

We did have some question at the staff meeting I went to on Sunday if a BC foul would that would be like a TC foul would be put at one of the 4 spots, but that is not this situation.

I think some issues were not made very clear at this point.

Peace
A team control foul where the offended team is resuming play in its FC would cause the throw-in to be at one of the four spots.

Rule 7-3.2(a): “When the ball is in team control in the front court and any of the situations in Article 1 above occur and the offensive team will resume play with a throw-in, the designated spot for the throw-in will be either the nearest 28-foot mark or the nearest spot 3-feet outside the lane line on the end line. (Exception: When the penalty for the infraction specifically requires a different location for the throw-in as in Rule 10-1. Penalty .f and .g.)”

Rule 7-3.1: “The ball shall be awarded out of bounds after: (f) A team control foul."

And a kicked/fisted ball by the defense in the FC would also put it the throw-in at one of the four sports. I am now confident that the only situation where the offense would put the ball in play in its FC at the spot nearest the violation is when the defense commits an OOB violation.