View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 12, 2017, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

1) This should ideally never happen because you covered this in pregame as well as during the most recent stoppage in play. However go with your gut, if you are wrong your partner should provide this information. If you are right he should play along. If you are very unsure make your call and let the teams know that you want to confer with your partners before making it official. But don't just make a call and then right away go to your partners for "help" it looks confusing as heck.

2) I personally discuss such plays pregame and during the game as reminders. If the clock is mine and the play happens in my primary I have first crack on foul/nofoul and good/nogood. My partner or partners are still expected to have an opinion. In 3 man the expectation is that I can look for release and the partner closest can focus on foul. In 2 man not so easy depending on location. However in cases where the play is not in my primary and I have clock I focus on release and don't worry at all for contact.

3) Whoever makes the call sticks with it or changes it based on new information.