View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 27, 2017, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
Moving from C to a good 90 at 3B here is IMO the hardest read in all of 2-man base mechanics. Coming forward from the starting position is the natural reaction. Moving to our right all the way to the baseline takes us so far from the rest of our responsibilities. I think its really easy to get straight-lined on this play, especially if the SS takes a hard look at 1B before deciding to throw late to 3B.

Andy and I had a very similar play this spring. I got straight-lined. I made a safe call based on what I could see. When the coach asked some very good questions, we got together and got it right. Andy had 100%-certainty information for me, and I was nowhere near 100% on my call.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of Steve's observations.
The play the Teebob and I had was a tag play at third.

I (PU) had a great angle and look at the play right up the third baseline. I saw where Teebob was when he made the call and cringed a bit internally, when he came to me and asked the proper question, I gave him what I had.

As a side note, he also got a very good opportunity to work on his "interacting with the coach" skills......