View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 22, 2017, 03:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's A Back Slapping Club ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
We have had coach's roundtables before where coaches come to a meeting and talk about their expectations or things they like to see official do. I personally see these as a waste of time.
Agree. We had one of these several years ago. One top-notch boys coach and one top-notch girls coach talked about what they expected from officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S. View Post
... coaches want us to be able to communicate with them. They want to be heard ...
They pretty much spent twenty minutes talking about what Matt S. described above. All of us already knew that. What a waste of time.

The two invitees were state champions several times over, who always got along well with almost all officials (most of the great coaches do), seldom showing any unsporting behavior.

I would love to get a few 5W-15L coaches in a room (with the door locked) and have them explain to us, for the hundredth time (but this time with no technical fouls) how bad officials making bad calls cause them to not make the state tournament each season. Now that would be interesting.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)