View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 15, 2017, 05:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

Two Steps Ahead Of You ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Why don't you just write the article just on what you know?
I'm way ahead of you.

I was all set to do that with the following line:

IAABO has determined that padded protective headbands (often called concussion headbands), are legal and, like knee braces, are under no color restrictions.

The Executive Director of IAABO wanted to change that to:

Padded protective headbands (often called concussion headbands), are legal and, like knee braces, are under no color restrictions.

I refused his edit and pointed out the conflict in the NFHS and IAABO interpretations. He decided to wait until after the IAABO Fall Seminar (occurring now) and the NFHS Interpretation Meeting in Indianapolis on September 21, 2017, for clarification on this issue. My local interpreter, as a member of the Education Committee, will be leading the charge on this clarification. When the dust clears, either all should be the same (one way or the other) under both NFHS and IAABO rules/interpretations, or IAABO will acknowledge that its interpretation is in conflict with NFHS rules.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Sep 15, 2017 at 05:49am.