View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 13, 2017, 11:31am
Esteemed Forum Member

Clock Running ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
... why any focus on the clock running?
Because it highlights my opinion versus the opinion of a few other Forum members. There are few instances where the clock is running and the ball is dead. I opine that officials can penalize for more than five in these situations because I believe that said team members are "participating" (the key to the rule), while others say officials can't.

We can all agree that we can penalize during live balls, even if the clock isn't running, no need for discussion on that. Team members are always participating under those circumstances

Dead ball with clock stopped? Even I agree that it's tough for any number of team members to participate under those circumstances, although I'm amiable to debate on that issue (dead ball after made free throw).

That just leaves a dead ball with the clock running up for debate. Can team members participate, and be penalized, under those circumstances?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Aug 13, 2017 at 03:24pm.