View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 08, 2017, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Is this the norm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
You'd be hard pressed to see it in a high school setting, or even a college setting. There is accountability for the clowns. Coaches who pull their players off mid-game tend to get suspended by the state, and doing so because of a complaint about the officials is likely to land them in even hotter water.

The coaches with this kind of clout don't do it during a game. They call the assigner afterwards and have a discussion about the officials.

I'm willing to bet this is one of those pay-to-play camps (edit: AAU duh) where the camp leaders don't back the officials and only have them there to give it the appearance of a bit more legitimacy. In my experience, those camps don't enforce foul limits, technical limits, penalties, etc... Not only that, without leadership at the coaching level, the kids walk around and play like their shit don't stink.

I am not sure why people officiate these. Is the money really worth it? I went to a try out camp at one of these weekends a couple years ago. It was a joke and I would never do it again. If the camp director doesn't want to enforce the rules, why would you do that game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk