View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 02, 2017, 05:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Too Late To Fix ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
By rule no call can be made ... Have the extra man removed before making the ball live again. This is no different from having a correctable error occur which is now too late to fix.
Which rule?

Here's another rule, a real rule, written in a rulebook: NFHS 10-1-6: A team shall not: Have more than five team members participating simultaneously. If discovered while being violated.

This debate simply hinges on the definition of "participating" and I haven't seen such a definition for this situation from the NFHS.

This is not a correctable error situation, so let's not go there, please.

If this is discovered after the horn, as the six team members are returning to the bench for an intermission (they're not players anymore, nor, in my opinion, are they participating), then it's probably too late to penalize, but not in the example that I gave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Multiple substitutions. All substitutes report and are legally beckoned. Extra team member is confused and stays on court, unnoticed by everybody. Ball put into play. Quick foul occurs. No substitutions. One and one free throws awarded. First free throw made. No substitutions. Extra team member discovered by officials (who don't know when the extra team member entered) during dead ball, clock stopped, after first free throw made while the ball is in the hands of the lead official. What's the call?
Stupid NFHS rules editor.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Aug 02, 2017 at 06:10pm.