View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 19, 2017, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

I disagree with most of the post but agree with first post. Here is my reasoning. Since it's delayed dead ball other than illegal pitch mechanics, you did 100 percent right. I work with partners all the time that annoy me with thinking they are right no matter what. We are a brotherhood and should respect we are different but instead of proving him wrong. Ask a question. We have to dance around mens egos. So ask this question. If you don't allow play to happen and call the play the way it happened then how can offensive have choice. If your partner is right then it would be dead ball immediately. If u make no call for stollen base how can offensive choose to take penalty or play. If the runner is safe offensive will take play of runner is out then they take penalty. That's the exact point of it being delayed dead ball. Again ask yourself what's the point of delay dead ball if you make no call on the play. Let the play unfold then sort it out. You did it 100 percent correctly and refuse to believe different. When looking at the rule as a whole it makes no sense to do it any other way. Now if you have a partner that refuses to follow the rules I would simply refuse to work with them since they can make your job harder. If you did not call the runner out then the offense has to choice then there is no reason to have the rule written the way it is. All delayed deal balls are called after the play is over and all other mechanics and calls happen as normal until the end of the play then it's dead and sorted out. Hope that helps​