Thread: T-Worthy?
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 16, 2017, 04:05pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It Could Happen, But ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Coach A sends the other four players into the BC. A1 makes first, misses second, but gets his own rebound and is fouled with five seconds left. Fans, team B, and Coach B all yelling that the shooter entered the lane too soon. Partner comes in to talk with me, asking if I saw the violation.
Sorry, but I have to ask this. The (assuming) four defensive players in marked lane spaces may move into the lane when the ball is released by the free throw shooter. The shooter must wait until the ball hits the rim before entering the lane. With four defensive players getting a "head start", I find it hard to believe that the free throw shooter got his own rebound without violating unless it was a crazy (line drive hits rim and bounces straight back to the shooter) shot, especially if at least one of the defensive players was boxing out the shooter. Was it a "crazy line drive" shot? Or, for some reason, did the four defenders not realize that they could enter on the release, or did they just get lazy because they figured they had the shooter outnumbered?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jun 16, 2017 at 04:09pm.