View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 15, 2017, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

OBR: This is easy. No one is allowed to reenter at all, so when Davis is in the game he is an illegal substitute no matter who he replaces on defense. He is removed from the game immediately 5.10

NFHS: Im a little confused. It appears from the description that Lewis and Davis are both in the game in the bottom of the 3rd, with Davis illegally reentering for Howard in right field. After one pitch, it appears Lewis leaves and someone else comes in at 1st base? Lewis and Davis occupy the same spot in the batting order, so they obviously can't both be in the game. However, if the problem wasn't noticed until after Lewis left the game, then I have nothing. Davis came in for Lewis and is playing a different position, but that would not be illegal. You have to catch the illegal substitute on defense while he is still illegal or before the first pitch to the next batter if he was involved in a play. If neither Lewis or Davis was involved in a play while they were both in the game, then there is no penalty because it wasn't noticed. 2-36-3c. 3-1

I don't have the NCAA rules handy

Please feel free to correct me, as I don't work NFHS at all, and I'm sure there are plenty here more knowledgeable than I with either OBR or fed rules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mbilica; Thu Jun 15, 2017 at 09:47pm. Reason: Premature submission