Extreme Situations ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Sorry if I misunderstood you.
As the young'uns say, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
... absurd when it comes to what ifs.
The extreme situations in my earlier post test an official's knowledge of the definition of a try, and the ramifications of a ball going in the basket when there is no try involved. These situations also demonstrate the need for an official's understanding of continuous motion, basket interference, goaltending, and the end of a period.

How often does one see these extreme situations? Certainly, not very often, but an understanding of these extreme situations can lead one to become more proficient in applying rules to more common situations that we see all the time.

Check out these thought provoking situations:

A) A1's untouched throwin is in the cylinder above the A's basket ring when B1 touches the ball. The ball does not go in the basket. You make the call.

B) A1's untouched throwin is on its downward flight, entirely above the basket ring level, outside the imaginary cylinder above the ring, with the possibility of the ball entering A's basket, when B1 touches the ball. The ball does not go in the basket. You make the call.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jun 10, 2017 at 01:52pm.