View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 03, 2001, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
I'd make the arguement that they can come back.

When does the juridstiction end? 2-2-4 says the final score is approved when the officials leave the visual confines. However, I believe that in this case, the game didn't end (because the clock didn't properly start there should be 1 second left on the game clock) and this is just a (rather stupid) momentary stoppage as in 2-2-3.

Closest case book reference I can find is 5.10.1A where the game horn sounds inappropriately after a missed FT. I liken the situation to a last second whistle, the clock stops with time on it, then the horn sounds for subs, etc. I've had people think it was the end of the period in those cases, but it is not.

I believe that in this case, one second still exists in the game whether it shows on the clock or not.
It doesn't work like that Mark. If the clock is at 0:00, the horn has sounded, and the officials have left the visual confines, then the timing error doesn't exist and the game is over.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick

Life isn't always fair, is it?
mick
Referring to her score on a term paper, a classmate once made the mistake of telling our 11th grade English teacher, Ms. Tillman, "That's not fair." To which Ms. Tillman bellowed, "Who said life was fair!?!"

I've never forgotten that.