View Single Post
Old Wed May 31, 2017, 01:05pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Both of you are certainly entitled to your expert, experienced, opinions, and you are correct, such acts can result in an immediate technical foul.

Early in the first quarter, the head coach shows frustration with what he considers a missed travel call. He stands up, gestures with a travel signal, and tells the nearest official that he missed the call. Fans also gesture with travel signals. Previous to this, there was not a hint of misconduct by the head coach. I'm probably judging this not to be major misconduct, and may do something short of charging a direct technical foul to the head coach. In the old days, this may have resulted in some type of admonishment from me ("Calm down coach"), maybe even the threatening "Stop Sign". It appears that the new rule replaces the "Stop Sign" with a written warning.

But depending on context, and circumstance, this could lead to an immediate technical foul with no warning, under both the old rule set, and the new rule set.
Your example and what I'm interpreting question 9 to be are two different things, and I agree for your example, I don't think I would automatically issue a T. I also agree that the new written warning is replacing the stop sign.