View Single Post
Old Wed May 03, 2017, 08:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
JRut you can't appeal to HS mechanics in one post and then dismiss them on the next because "my state doesn't follow them exactly". You said NFHS mechanics don't have the Lead count, which is untrue. I don't give a crap about what your state does.
Actually I find it funny that people act like the NF makes all these decisions as ultimately what you do as an official. If the NF makes an official change, your state might and has in the past rejected such a change. Either way if the NF changes this or not, it is not much sweat off my back. I just reject the idea that the NBA or pros are so much better mechanically and then suggesting that a game that has different rule and even styles of play is automatically appropriate for our level.

I also said what mostly high school does and I really do not care what the book says because it does not seem to be taught that way. Now you can argue, but I have seen many state's literature or trainings where no such backing of that states. And if you have been paying attention to this site or me, many states have their own ideas of what they ultimately do. So even if the NF changes tomorrow, there are places that are going to do whatever they want to do. If you do not believe me, do a search about NF mechanics on this site of the variations from everything to the shirt those wear to if we go table side on certain mechanics. So I do not give a crap what you want the NF to do. It appears they do not care either based on history.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Wed May 03, 2017 at 08:45pm.