View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 12, 2017, 02:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrt1 View Post
Great, thanks. I did not know that other game makes an automatic base award. I think we are in agreement on dealing with obstruction in softball and even though I don't do college, i was aware of the award after warning in NCAA. Seen it happen as a spectator a couple of times.
I didn't mean to blow up this thread with my comment, but in that other game, I think it's called "Type A". I could be wrong.

Regardless...I only added it to the thread because we had a wreck in a HS game at 1B, and my partner awarded bases. I tried to get him to fix it, but after he said "Sorry sir, I'd like to stick with my call", I let it go.

Let the coaches complain...(they didn't). "Sir" is reserved for coaches, assignors, and evaluators, not something to throw out on a partner during a discussion on the field....I hate to admit that we weren't much of an umpire team after that.

Last edited by teebob21; Wed Apr 12, 2017 at 02:29am.