View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 10, 2017, 06:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Grass Is Always Greener ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
... the Super will have retired, the AD will have switched jobs ...
For administrators, and coaches, it's like musical chairs here in Connecticut. Superintendents, principals, and athletic directors, get a few years of experience, and then use that experience to move on to a better paying job a few towns away. Back in the olden days, when teachers didn't make a decent living wage, many coached to supplement their income, often coaching more than one sport. Now that teachers here in Connecticut are well paid, the days of a history teacher coaching baseball and basketball for many years are long gone. Many coaches aren't even teachers, with no ties to the school, or the town, that they coach in. They coach for a few years and then move on to a better coaching position.

I can't deny someone looking to make a better wage to support their family, but like I said, it's like musical chairs around here, and as an official, one never knows who one will see on the bench when they first walk into the gymnasium, or hand over paperwork to an athletic director that they've only just met for the first time.

"You can't tell the players without a scorecard." (Harry M. Stevens, 1900)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Apr 10, 2017 at 04:13pm.