View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 31, 2017, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post
In snow country, baseball is just getting going (amateur and pro) so there's not much to discuss at the moment for large segments of the country.
Makes sense. Should have know, only one game in so far. Rain though, the baseball killer.
Since you're here, would you mind checking to see if I have it right below. Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lurker"77 View Post
If someone wants filler conversation, help me out on this:

With MLB adopting a no-pitch walk rule (as other lower-level leagues apparently already have; I have not found text available) and the recent post on BOO . . .

Baker is the scheduled batter. However, Carl is in the on-deck circle and approaching the plate. Without the walk rule, the defense has to pitch to Carl and wait for him to reach base in order to appeal and have Baker declared out (yes?). Until that happens, Baker can correct his error at any time. With the walk rule, the defense could skip that step and simply walk Carl and appeal the BOO without a pitch, no?

How is this officiated under such rules? When can the walk be issued? How long can the offense correct their potential BOO error before the defensive manager pounces? When does the batter or apparently incorrect batter become a runner under the modified rule?
Yes
If no means yes, yes.
The same as if he threw 4 pitches.
Before a pitch or with any count.
Before the next pitch, play or attempted play or IBB etc...(I would wait to see if Baker came up next)
Same as always. Ex: when an IBB is awarded.

Thanks for playing!