View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2017, 07:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Well even if the NF has put in a rule about advertising that I agree with in principle, but I do feel that the NF worries too much about many things that are really not their concern overall. For example in my state there is a contract with what type of football (or other types of balls/equipment used) and the games are not supposed to be played at least in the playoffs without that specific type of brand being used. Now, wouldn't that be at the real jurisdiction of the state or member what is on their football? I remember when the NF put how many panels should be on the basketball only to have a basketball produced by the licensed sponsor company of our state had produced a basketball with more panels that the rules allowed. I remember that discussion got so silly about what type of basketball could be used only based on the panels on the specific ball. It just seems like the NF gets way into things that they should allow the states to set some standards, just like they do in many other areas. Because if someone has an advertisement on the field or football, what are we going to ultimately do? Are we going to not play the game? I know depending on the issue, we were told to not play the game if the right licensed ball was used, even if we had no other footballs available. But that was the position of the state, not the NF. I have no problem if states set some standards, but the NF comes up with many issues that only create further problems when they are not needed IMO.

Peace