View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 20, 2017, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
Same.

Yet, it is still a comment directed towards impressions of the officiating.

I'd be interested in thoughts from this group. Personally, this year's officiating seems to be as good as always. The human factor is at play, so there are mistakes made by officials, player and coaches, but nothing I've seen so far makes me think there is a disproportionate amount in comparison to previous tournaments.
I've seen what I believe to be a somewhat greater number of misses. It hasn't been dramatically more but I've felt, in games without a rooting interest, that some stuff was missed that just shouldn't have been missed....rules administered, obvious calls, etc. Perhaps it isn't the number of misses but the type and timing of the misses.

Some examples: The collision at the end of the UNC/Ark game...that had to be something. I thought it was a clear charge but it certainly wasn't a no-call. I saw a video review of an OOB play and they got it wrong even on review...the player's fingers moved back as the ball went by yet they went with no tip???? Throwin spots completely wrong after a throwin violation that didn't go onto the court. Determining a player to have control only after tipping the ball away from the opponent. Calling BI for a player hanging on the rim who reaches out to tip the ball (which was clearly outside the cylinder)...it should have been a T, by rule.

You can always debate block/charge calls or travels but these are not things that should have been missed.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Mar 20, 2017 at 02:23pm.